We provide sound insulation testing and consultancy advice on new and existing buildings. We accurately measure airborne and impact noise transfer between dwellings such as apartments, terraced houses and semi detached housing. All tests are carried out in accordance with guidance in the 2014 Irish Building Regulations Technical Guidance Document E (TGD-E).
As full members of the Institute of Acoustics and ACASITI, combined with extensive acoustic consultancy experience, we are well positioned to provide competent and qualified technical advice on matters relating to building acoustics.
The field of building acoustics consists of two disciplines:
- Room acoustics – sound generation within a room;
- Building acoustics – sound transfer between rooms or sound insulation.
- Sound Insulation Testing for Apartment buildings and residential semi-detached and terraced housing;
- Design advice and assistance with compliance with the Building Regulations Technical Guidance Document E on sound.
- Airborne tests between residential dwellings (floor and wall).
- Impact floor tests between apartments (floor).
- Sound insulation tests for schools.
- Office privacy tests, meeting rooms to private offices, private office to private office and private offices to open plan spaces.
- Acoustic modelling, design and specification in accordance with TGD-021-5.
Irish Sound Insulation testers are members of the AACI-Sound Insulation Testing Scheme.
Clients: JJ Rhatigan & Company, Laing O’Rourke, Sisk Contractors, McNamara Construction, BAM Construction, P.Eillott, L&M Keating, Irish Court Services, AECOM, City and County Councils Nationwide (housing sections).